Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memory Project

I have put together a letter that many of you will recieve in the next few days... thought I would also post about it here. We are asking all of those who knew Brayden to write down a memory for us. I am sending out stationary and letters with an addressed envelope to make it easy. I would love to hear what others remember about our precious Brayden. If you knew Brayden and have something you would like to share please comment and ask me to send you a letter or you can contact me at becauseofbrayden@gmail.com.
Here is a copy of the letter I sent out...

Dear friends and family,

I am writing you this letter today to ask a special favor of you. We are just a few weeks away from Brayden’s “Angel Day” Anniversary. It is crazy to even think about that and I still cannot even fathom that is has been a year without our precious Brayden. With the love, support, encouragement and most of all prayers from all our wonderful friends and family, we are making it through… a moment at a time. We feel so incredibly Blessed and Thankful.
Brayden continues to live on in our hearts. We miss him so much and think of him everyday. One of the greatest things we have is our memories. I read these quotes and think it they are all so true.
“Life gives us brief moments with one another...but sometimes in those brief moments we get memories that last a life time...”
We are so thankful for every moment we were blessed to spend with Brayden and want each and every memory to last a lifetime.
Memories are the treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely.

So … this is where you come in… I am asking for your help. If your reading this letter it is because in some way or another you were a part of Brayden’s life. We are asking you to think of a memory to share. I have included a sheet of stationary paper and would like to you write out something you remember about Brayden. Think about a simple or special memory, an event, or even a funny situation; whatever you would like to share. When you think of Brayden, what comes to mind? It can be ANYTHING. (: After you write out your memory, please place it in the enclosed self addressed envelope and send it back to us! That’s it!
“We do not remember days; we remember moments”. ~Cesare Pavese

I know that Brayden touched many lives and I look forward to hearing many memories that you all have. I plan to put all of these memories together into a book so that we can look back and enjoy them together. I want this project to be a way to honor and pay tribute to his life. This will be something to share with family and friends… for years to come. I look forward to sharing these stories and moments with Nathaniel, as we reminisce about his special little brother. We also can’t wait to share with Elliana all about her wonderful big brother as she gets older.
If you have any question or anything please free to call or write us anytime. Can’t wait to receive all your wonderful memories! Thank you so much in advance!!
“God gave us memories that we might have roses in December”. ~J.M. Barrie


I had a strange and difficult realization as I got the letters ready to mail/give out. It's difficult to remember who knew Brayden. This was hard for me... It made me realize that we are going to continue to be surrounded with more and more people that never had the chance to know him as we did... This makes me sad. It also confirms the importance of doing things such as this project so that we can also have these memories and keep him alive in our hearts.
Brayden was here... He was a very special and important part of this family. He was a huge part of my life and will always hold a peice of my heart.
Please help us to look back and treasure all the wonderful memories we had with our precious gift.

No comments: