Sunday, June 6, 2010

Looking Up in this Downpour...

Today has been another one of those days...
We have made it through, but feel drained, and blah.

It feels like a beating, a downpour...

Yet I am encouraged, I feel loved, and blessed,
and I know we can keep going on.

I find the strength in Him to look Up in this Downpour...
To stand strong, though I feel so weak,
Knowing so many are here to help carry me.

I am blessed.

One moment at a time, one step in front of the other, one deep breath as we walk together...
The journey contines...
Our story is not over.

"In the midst of my anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:19

"Those who sow in tears, will reap with joy." Psalm 126:5

"And we know that in ALL things God works for the Good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Found this poem and it really spoke to how my heart feels today...

Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how he's doing,
And heaven seems so far away.
Is he playing on the clouds with angels?
Is he laughing and running today?
Does he miss me?
I guess only he knows.
Oh why does heaven seem so far away?
If you just let me look for a moment,
To catch a glimpse of his sweet smiling face,
I promise I won't try to take him,
I know, he's in a better place.
Just one little peek into heaven,
Is all I'm asking for today.
I just want to know how he's doing,
Since heaven seems so far away...
-Callie Sanders Thornton

Missing you so much today baby boy... but knowing you rest in the arms of Jesus and are celebrating with so many loved ones who join you there. Asking Jesus to give you big hugs and kisses for Mommy tonight. Sending extra for this, your Heaven Day.
I love you more than you will ever know, I love you more than words can say. Can't wait until that day when we will be together again.
Sweet Baby... Let Jesus Hold you... till Mom and Dad can hold you... again.

No comments: