Friday, June 3, 2011

Tough Questions

Over the last several months we have had the opportunity to share our story with MANY people. It means so much to have my life, experiences, and dreams encourage someone else. I have been told by lots that there is power to our story. I feel as though it is all I have, I have no option but to use it, share it and hope that it will make a difference for someone else.
To save one life, would make it all worth it.
To help others to think about things differently
To make bettere choices...
That would give me purpose
That would give reason behind my pain
That would create even more value to a precious life, lost too soon
Through the organization we have had a number of invitations for Interviews
This particular interview was certainly the hardest one yet...
She was very nice, and compassionate. But when it was time for the questioning she pryed very hard. Asking questions like How he specifically got out the back door, and exactely what we felt in the moment we 'found' him. What was the first thing we did, said, etc..
It was so difficult. Felt like someone pulled the rug from under me and it caught me so off guard. I felt myself getting so emotional and I wanted desperately to keep it together.
My reason for coming, my purpose for sharing was to focus on water safety. I want to encourage other people to not make the mistakes we made, by educating on the things that can and should be done.
But why was she digging deeper into the details of this awful tradgedy? Why did she feel the need to open up such painful memories?
I was at a loss for words.
The camera was rolling and I tried hard to make it obvious to move on..
God gave me the strength to answer honestly but briefly.
I was able to keep going.
I was so glad when it was over.
But I was also thankful. I knew that time was going to come. I knew I would be faced with those questions and forced into uncomfortable situations.
And now that 'first' time is done.
And I'm stronger because of it.
...I can only hope those who heard the interview saw the heart of my message and were encouraged to do things different. To help save lives.

No comments: