Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wednesday's Thursday's Walk ... Down Memory lane...

It's thursday.. but I really wanted to post another memory for my Wednesday's walk down memory lane and my internet has been down for a few days so I was not able to do it yesterday. So, a day late, here it goes...



It's October. It's hard to believe that fall is upon us and the end of another year is near. It is a tough time of year... when festivities begin and Holidays are spent with family. A time of year when many dearly miss loved ones who are not here with us. Last year was hard. Last year I didn't want to do anything this time of year. I felt paralized in sorts. Like I couldn't do anything... without my Brayden. We didn't go to the pumpkin patch, no hayrides or scarecrows... there just wasn't the same excitment. This year I still miss him so much. It's still hard. But this year, instead of the intense pain of feeling like I can't move on, I just truly miss him. I look forward to the days ahead. I have a new excitment of seeing Elliana experience things for the first time. I watch in wonder as Nathaniel gains new insight and understands things in such a new way as he gets older. New memories are to be made, so many moments to be treasured.

As I think about the season ahead I choose to focus on the memories and moments that were shared with Brayden. The joy he brought us in the time we had with him is unforgetable and irreplaceable. We did so much with Brayden the first and only Holiday season he spent with us. Pumpkin patch (es!), hayrides, costumes, pictures, family, more pictures, presents, and yes Candy! Did I mention memories? Do I have pictures? Oh yes.... Sooo many!! Over this next month I want to share our Fall adventure memories on Wednesdays.

My lil Punkin'!
I love fall. I love the weather, I love the colors, I love the pumpkins, and all the festivities! I always called Brayden "my lil punkin!" because he was so teeny. Nathaniel was a small baby... but Brayden even had him beat. I loved that we had small cute cuddly babies... and 'punkin' just always fit and stuck with Brady Boo.




I start with our first trip to the pumpkin patch. No, not a real patch... just a local church that sells lots of pupkins. My sister was here visiting with my nephew and my Mom was also with us. We were so excited to take the kids to get pumpkins and take cute pictures! We packed everyone up and got there, just to find that they were closed! We were so upset... and so were the boys. We decided that there was no reason why we couldn't walk around and take pictures anyway! What harm was there in that? so thats what we did. The boys were amazed and how many pumpkins there were and how many different sizes they were. Big ones, small ones, tiny ones... even some white and green ones! Now... taking pictures of a 10 month old, 1 1/2 yeaar old and 3 year old are not easy! (to say the least!)... especially when there are consumed with and completely distracted by thousands of pumpkins! It was fun interesting, trying to capture these moments. (Between stopping rolling pumpkins and catching falling displays as to not... ahem ... destroy the place. ) Here are some of my favorite shots from that day.

The Boys! Cousins at the Pumpkin Patch Place to Buy Pumpkins!


My cuties surrounded by orange! He LOVED all the pumpkins! Especially all the little ones he could hold on to.


My adorable Boys
SOO CUTE! SOO HAPPY!!
Another of the many faces of my expressive Brayden!

chillin' with pumpkins (:
Such sweet memories.. such a fun day. We miss you everyday sweet Brayden. You will always be my precious lil punkin!

1 comment:

Helena in MD said...

Oh, so sweet. Thanks for sharing him with us. I love that costume. My two wore the same exact one, from Children's Place right? His cuteness and sweetness just exudes from the pictures! Hugs and praying that this will be a sweeter holiday season for all of you.