Monday, November 24, 2008







Went downtown Charleston to Colonial Lake for a special memorial candlelighting ceremony Sunday night. It was put on by the Hospice of Charleston. This is a special time for familes to come and gather around the lake for scripture readings, songs, poems, etc ... to remember all the loved ones no longer with us. Luminaries surrounded the lake and at the beginning of the service we each lit the luminaries of our loved ones. We had 3 luminaries lit honoring my dad, Leonard Russell Ainsworth, Brayden Russell Zieg, and The Moylan's mom, Catherine Susan Moylan. My parents and Lauren joined Jake, Nathaniel and I for the event. It was a hard but special evening. To see alll the luminaries lit around the lake was very moving... so many hundreds of names of loved ones missed so much. I brought one of Brayden's bears and a picture... I hste that we have a reason to go to something like that... but am glad we chose to be a part of it.


No comments: