Wednesday, July 14, 2010

God's Timing

This past week has been a bit ...surreal.
It all started with an email I got notifying me of a contact through the Because of B.R.A.Y.D.E.N. website. I have gotten a few of those and most are spam or advertisers looking for money so I expected this would be just another one to disregard. The message simply stated, Call me asap with a phone number. I thought it was awfully strange. I looked at the name and the email address. It was a Post and Courier email.... and I began to think. Wow, Could this really be someone from our Charleston Newspaper?!? Is someone contacting me to write a story? It was a bit overwhelming and emotional and I didn't know what to think.
I received the message over the Holiday weekend so I was not surprised to get a voicemail when I called the number. Sure enough it was a reporter from our newspaper. I left a message and gave my number, hoping to hear back soon. On Tuesday I got the call again. It was David. He indeed wanted to know if we would be willing to share our story for an article he was writing on water safety. We talked for quite awhile and I had the opportunity not only to share our story, but to share about Because of B.R.A.Y.D.E.N. and all the exciting things that were happening.
It was almost too good to be true.
We didn't ask for this. We didn't go seeking out anyone. The opportunity just fell into our lap. An amazing opportunity to share our story and spread the word about water safety and the Water Safety Day just a month away.
The article came out yesterday, in the Your Health section of the Post and Courier Charleston paper. CLICK HERE to read the article! I am so incredible pleased at how well it was written. When I picked up the paper and read it in black and white, it hit hard. I was filled with emotions as the raw truth and pain of what we went through was in front of me. It was like reliving that day all over again. It was like putting my mistakes, my faults out there...Printed for all to see. Yet there was hope, beauty from Ashes portrayed as the story unfolded. Now, two years after such a tragic event, we are here. Starting a non profit, advocating for water safety, sharing our story of healing and restoration to bring others hope, planning our first event, and even swimming again.
My prayer is that it blesses someone else. My hearts desire is that even one life might be saved by hearing our story. I am in awe and humbled by the whole thing.
God's Timing never ceases to amaze me.
He truly does have all things worked out for the good, and I am believing more and more that the rest of our story is going to be more than we could ever ask or imagine.
It is not about me. It is not even about Brayden.
It is about the healing work that God has done through us and the opportunity that has been placed in front of us.
It just takes a step of faith.
It takes obedience.
It takes strength that only comes from above.
And I am so thankful.
Thankful for the lives that will be touched.
Thankful for the doors that are being opened.
Thankful for God's Timing.

"And now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to His power that is at work within us. To Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. "
Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments: