Friday, January 9, 2009

The Final Touch....



Well... after a long frustrating wait we finally got the monument placed on Christmas eve. We were hopful it may be up before Elliana was born but one thing after another and it just didn't happen. My ultimate goal was before Christmas so at least we got that. My mom had a fake tree the perfect size she gave me to decorate and we gathered some pointsettia's to fill the vases. I'm really pleased with it. OF course a pinwheel... I hope that we can always keep one here. Love how it looks in the breeze, and such memories of how much Brayden loved them. I can still feel and see the joy and excitement he felt. It was so hard to decide what we wanted on the stone... but in all I think it came out well. Seeing it for the first time was so difficult. Much more emotional than I expected. I knew it would make things feel even more real, more final.. but still was not prepared for how it hit me when I saw it. The verse we chose is Phil 1:3... "I thank my God every time I remember you. " That will always be my Brayden verse and I'm so glad we did that one.
Amazes me how different things feel after loosing Brayden compared to my dad. I hated going to the cemetary... I can prob count on my hands the number of times I have been in 16 years! ... But things are different this time. I find myself wanting to go.. and wanting to be there. Now that the monument is in place I think that I will want to even more. Wanting to keep flowers there and other things... wanting to just sit in silence.. and spend time there. I even sit and talk to Brayden there.. and to God. Strange to explain how it feels.
Well I'm just so thankful that we have things in place now.. and thankful for all the ways we have been blessed through this journey. Thank you God for proving all the means to have this plot, paid off, and this beautiful monument as a tribute to the gift you give us in Brayden.
Its now complete... the final touch in place...
Love you baby boy... Miss you everyday....

No comments: